The U.S. FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) rule on Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for importers of Food for Humans and Animals is final. The final rule requires that importers perform certain risk-based activities to verify that food imported into the United States has been produced in a manner that meets applicable U.S. food safety standards. This rule is one of a number of regulations and guidance that implement the provisions of the Food Safety Modernization Act, which focuses on safe food practices. This course is designed for:
1. U.S-based importers who meet the definition of "importer" in the FSVP rule, which includes those who own or are the consignee of food at the time of entry, or, if no owner or consignee exists, the U.S. agent or representative of the foreign owner.
2. Others who have an interest in ensuring that the requirements of the FSVP rule are met, including brokers, exporters, foreign suppliers of food that will be exported to the U.S., persons/business owners who currently buy food from foreign sources, and representatives of foreign governments.
The FSVP course curriculum was designed by regulatory, academic, and industry professionals and developed in consultation with FDA as part of the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA). This course will provide participants with the knowledge to implement the requirements of the "Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals" regulation of the U.S. FDA. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the underlying purpose of FSVP rule
- Identify what's needed to be included in your FSVP
- Develop and implement your FSVP
- Implement an FSVP recordkeeping system
- Understand how FDA will oversee your FSVP
The course is taught by Lead Instructor trained by the FSPCA. Upon attending the entire training program, you will receive an official certificate issued by the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO).
WHo should attend
Importers of human and animal food in the U.S.
Facilities that directly import food to the U.S
Personnel responsible for the development and implementation of FSVP
Food Safety Personnel/Consultant/Auditors
Foreign suppliers of food that will be exported to the U.S.
The course fee listed includes Participant Manual, Exercise Workbook, and an official FSVP certificate issued by AFDO. If you wish to take this course, but cannot attend in person, please contact us.